Sunday 11 August 2013

Hi
I've just gone to check out the yarn for my next project and realised it's 8ply grrrrrrr. WAS SURE I bought 10ply but have just been on the website to check it and .......it's 8! The bonus is that there's 400m on each ball so I've got 1200m/1312yds so if I make the small size which was for 39" bust, I MAY be able to get away with making it on 4.5mm needle instead of 4mm which will make it a comfy fit. If I HAVE to use the 4mm, at least it will be a snug fit. Maybe I'll start with the sleeve first? This is the jumper with the cowl.....rather like the cowl so will see how much yarn I have left. According to the measurements, it will be 4inches too long for me SO there's another saving on the yarn. Reckon 4" front and back should save me a couple of hundred yards which will go into lengthening the sleeves: I'm not a short sleeved person when it comes to jumpers. The yarn I bought for this project is from Bendigo Wool Mills is called Tasman Blue and is incredibly soft....that's pictured below.

TASMAN BLUE

I'm not fussed with the collar on this as it's a small, round neck, which I don't wear well. Am going to have to make it lower and wider. Rather like the cowl too but will have to see how I go with the sleeves to know whether I'll have enough yarn for the actual jumper.

I'm hoping to finish the Bergere orange V-neck sweater this week. I made the sleeves first on 3.25mm needles as I had no 3.5mms (stipulated by the pattern) and 3 shops I visited, had none in stock. Can't believe that for all the sets of needles I DID have, the one size I needed, I couldn't get! Once I did the back though, it became clear that the length was lost in the stretch of the garment as it rode up. I started it again on 3.75mms....still no 3.5mm in the shops! Once upon a time, near enough would've been good enough but I knew that if I didn't fix this, I'd never wear it!!!

I'm about 2/5 through the front now, having already re-stitched the back and I'm hoping to get away with using the 3.25mm knitted sleeves so I don't have to re-knit them on 3.75mm I've made the body on. This sucker has killed me....tiny needles and boring rib back and both sleeves grrrrrr. Can't wait to get it finished so I can get on to my new blue cable knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment